GPS Satellite Position (Nav Sat)
Our position is : 46.1345° N (or 46° 8' 4.20'' N) and 1.91754° E (or 1° 55' 3.15'' E)
Located at 7 km from Guéret, in Limousin, Sainte-Feyre is a small village.
Le Puy-Batard is situated in a group of houses at 500 m from the village ifself.
The facilities at Sainte-Feyre include a chemist, a butchers, a bakery, two restaurants, a post office, a doctor, several nurses.
The house in located at m. 500 from the village center.
In Guéret, the chief town of La Creuse, you can find :
- marge supermarkets,
- 5 cinema rooms with access for wheelchairs,
- 2 museums with access for wheelchairs, and
- an indoor swimming pool.
The small lake of Courtille, 4 km in circumference, provides opportunities of swimming, games, tiny golf, tennis, windsurfing as well as a pleasant walk along the lake, ...
Not well known even by the French, the Creuse area is the first really rural country that you discover as you drive southwards from Paris.
Immersed in the heart of the countryside, La Creuse is both beautiful and tranquil with many path, hills, forests, and lakes to discover and enjoy.
One of the best lakes in the area is Vassivière lake, 60 km away.
The Creuse area is famous for Aubusson town, 50 km away, a centre of tapestry, with museums and art exhibitions.
You can visit :
- 15 km : the painted church Sous-Parsat (20th century)
- 18 km : the beautiful village of Moutier d'Ahun, where you can see the ancient abbey and a roman bridge
- 20 km : Masgot village, with unusual sculptures (early 20th century)
- 40 km : the town of Boussac, with its castle (14th century) and an agricultural machines museum
Mainly during spring and summer, you can find Concerts, historical reconstructions, summer feasts which are primarily held for the local people, but all are welcome.
During your stay here, we can also give you leaflets and maps with more ideas of things to do in the surrounding area and how to get there.